Friday, September 13, 2013

Homework

Hi Rhetoric Students! Overall, we've had a good start with homework and a strong transition to the new homework format. Great work! I've enjoyed reading your blog posts!  

A few things to note: 

1. Your blog posts should be around 150-500 words, and should demonstrate that you have grasped the readings (etc.) that you are commenting on. A few of you were a bit on the short side! 
2. Please ensure that all your homework is sent to Rob at one time and by the posted deadline.  
3. Rob has requested that all your homework be copied into the body of emails sent to him. That means, no attachments! 


Those students with missing work should meet me after class this coming week. Thanks! 

Missing Homework
Meredith Ristine 
Michael Callentine
Aaron Mihic

Missing Blog Posts
Noah Mikottis
Charlie Reczek

13 comments:

  1. Mr. Parker,

    How would you suggest we send the homework to Robby? What do you mean no attachments?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It means, copy and paste your work into the body of the email.

      Delete
  2. Mr. Parker,
    Should we memorize the terms in the chapter reviews word-for-word? Also, where should we put our blog posts for this week?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nicole,

      Sorry, I missed the first part of your question. Not sure that I totally understand your question, however you should be memorizing your terms, but longer definitions etc. do not have to be word-for-word. If that's not the answer you needed, let me know!

      Delete
    2. Thanks! That's what I was tryng to find out. :)

      Delete
  3. I was wondering if we could bring food in this week from the early american cook book for extra credit???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just to clarify, that's fine. Please make sure if you bring something, that you include a short explanation of the item, placing it in historical context.

      Delete
  4. not this week but the next???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess he doesn't like giving out extra credit...... :)

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The quizzes will be handed out in class next week, and may be handed in anytime in the two weeks after they are handed out.

      Delete