Monday, January 27, 2014

Presidential Research Paper Resources

Harry Truman

Truman Diary
Truman Recordings
Truman Speeches

Dwight Eisenhower

Eisenhower Diary
Eisenhower Recordings
Eisenhower Speeches

John F. Kennedy

Kennedy Diary
Kennedy Recordings
Kennedy Speeches

Lyndon Johnson 

Johnson Diary
Johnson Recordings
Johnson Speeches

Richard Nixon

Nixon Diary
Nixon Recordings
Nixon Speeches

Gerald Ford 

Ford Diary
Ford Speeches

Jimmy Carter

Carter Diary
Carter Speeches

Ronald Reagan 

Reagan Diary
Reagan Speeches
Reagan Weekly Address

George H.W. Bush

Bush Diary

Bill Clinton

Clinton Diary

Public Papers of the President of the United States

Barack H. Obama, George W. Bush, William J. Clinton, and George H. W. Bush Public Papers

27 comments:

  1. Mr. Parker, may you please post resources for the second George Bush?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Emily, I don't think that George W. Bush's daily diary has been published yet, however I'll be on the look-out!

      Delete
  2. Mr. Parker, do I tell you on the blog what president and dates I want to do or tell you in class?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like Ronald Reagan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. people from Tuesday Freshmen! I have accidentally taken a copy of the Adam's Jefferson Letters that is not mine! I don't know whose book it is. (it has no highlighting or names in it) PLEASE respond if you are missing that book! Sorry. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Will we need to make a bibliography at the end of our reports?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mr. Parker,

    How long does our intro to the research project need to be? one page? one paragraph?

    ReplyDelete
  7. The syllabus says one page for the intro, double spaced.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you think it can go over a little? or does it have to be EXACTLY one page. :\

      Delete
    2. It can go over as long as you'd like.

      Delete
    3. Can the days go over as well? I'm having a hard time fitting all of the things he did onto one page.

      Delete
    4. Certainly! go as long as you'd like.

      Delete
    5. Do we have to cite the diary? Because I'm using that for most of my info and its turning into every sentence having to be cited. :(

      Delete
  8. Do we need a bibliography of our sources for our intro? I didn't directly quote anybody.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mr. Parker, for the two weeks for the research project I was going to do May 1, 1982 to May 15, 1982. Can I change that to August 14 1982 to August 28 1982?

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mr. Parker, I'm having trouble finding information for the 1st day of my research project. Are there any good resources I could use? Ronald Reagan doesn't seemed to be doing a whole lot on August 15 1982.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was mostly working on writing a speech...you can discuss the speech he was working on. Also, he describes his wife as quite depressed, you could research why she was depressed. Also, there are lots of world events to look into. See: http://www.nytimes.com/1982/08/15/nyregion/news-summary-sunday-august-15-1982.html

      Delete
  12. Mr. Parker,
    Can you give the details on the Constitution test?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mr. Parker, what exactly do we have to know about the various Civil War battles for the quiz this week? Just the date, and who won, or more? If so, what? I am not sure how to distinguish all of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mean tell them apart from each other without memorizing the entire chapter. :)

      Delete
  14. So I am not sure how I should study. Help!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nicole, you should be looking at the facts (dates, info about the battles, etc). You can do this by making a bullet point list for each of the battles, from the information listed in the chapter.

      Delete