Blogs are excused this week. Instead please use this time to develop your documentary project proposals.
Additionally, Week 9 Chapter reviews for both Government and History are now optional, material from those chapters will not be included on the Week 10 test.
By chapter reviews do you mean just the questions or the terms also?
ReplyDeleteThanks!
Hi Nicole, you will not be submitting questions for the remainder of the semester. In addition, you do not have to submit government or history terms for week 9.
DeleteWe don't do the chapter reviews for next week?
ReplyDeleteHi Anna,
DeleteThat is correct.
Hi, next time you make homework changes, please let us know sooner if that is possible. I spent a lot of time on my blog post and so if you could please inform us of changes sooner, that would be greatly helpful. Thank you!
ReplyDeleteHi Cassie,
DeleteSorry about that! I will try to make those decisions earlier, in the future. If you'd like to post your blog post here, you may do so. I'll count it as extra credit.
A certain historical figure who stood out to me was John Adams. Elected president as Washington’s successor in the 1796 election, Adams Harvard education surpassed that of his predecessor. Adams often felt unappreciated despite his numerous political successes. A characteristic of Adams that stuck me was his selfless attitude where politics were concerned. In a quote from page 163 of the textbook, “…Adams was a man of courage and conviction. Few presidents have made decisions with less concern for their own political future than he did. Such courage would prove crucial for the nation throughout Adam’s troubled term.” As if filling the shoes of George Washington weren’t hard enough, Adams was presented with weighty French conflict throughout his presidential term. As the Quasi War and the XYZ affair incensed Americans and pushed them to war, Adams was conflicted. What Adams did next proved his integrity; he placed the interests of the United States as a whole ahead of the interests of his own political party; a decision that cost him re-election. Believing that war would destroy all the hard-earned ground America had traveled since her independence, Adams chose to seek peace with Napoleon Bonaparte. This decision was highly unpopular, but saved America a lot of hardship and struggle. I admire John Adams because he was willing to sacrifice his own personal interests so he could properly defend the fledgling nation that we call home.
ReplyDeleteThanks!
ReplyDeleteThanks Cassie, good work! I've added your extra-credit to renweb.
DeleteHi Mr. Parker, I must second what Cassie said. I too prepared a blog and just now saw that it was not needed. I'm guessing it would be alright if I could post my blog here like Cassie's?
ReplyDeleteIn this week’s readings what I found interesting was the subversive acts of the Whiskey Rebellion. When those “who made their living growing corn and selling it in liquid form” refused to pay the new tax on their production, George Washington was ready to remove it. The decisiveness of Washington’s response to the rebellion really earned my respect for the president. After taking up 13,000 troops to snuff out the rebel flame, the alliance crumbled as soon as the army came near. George Washington was able to end the rebellion merely by intimidation without hurting anyone. In my opinion, this is evidence of a strong, wise, and tactful leader. He didn't wish to damage the peace by starting a civil war or letting the rebellion grow. Washington solved the matter in his own way and truly made his point. This new government of America possessed strength and will of law against its enemies as well as its own people.
Hi Danielle, Thanks, I've added the extra-credit on renweb.
DeleteHi Mr. Parker,
ReplyDeleteWhich Midwives Tale chapter is optional for this week?
The first of the two, I think it is called Polly Purington.
DeleteDoes the no blogs apply to this week to?
ReplyDeleteThere are no blogs this week, as noted in the syllabus, I think
DeleteNo it does say there is blog!
ReplyDelete• Topic: Jeffersonian America (1801-1825)
Delete• American History Textbook: Chapter 9
• Homework: Complete Chapter Review pg. 191
• Read: A Midwife's Tale: “Polly Purington Here” and “Workt in my Gardin” (Complete Chapter Summary)
• Documentary Methods Discussion
• Documentary Script Rough Draft to Peer Reviewer
• American Government Textbook: Chapter 8
• American Government Homework: Complete Chapter Review
• No Harkness Discussion
• No Blog