To make my life easier I made a playlist of all the songs on the blog via youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFI2eDcwcyQ&list=PLT4h3HhmD-DLg2uTrjNZlon5brDlhw-Fl
This isn't about the song. I was wondering how we are to do the in-text citations for the book report. I was thinking that, after a quote, I could put a number which would match up with one of my footnotes. May I do it that way, or is there another way I should format my in-text citations?
Hi Renée, here is a link that helped immensely with the footnotes http://content.easybib.com/citation-guides/chicago-turabian/footnotes/ The purpose of footnotes is basically the same as in text citations, however, in the footnotes format you put a number where you would typically put the page number and source etc. then in the bottom footnote of the page you put the source, page number, or link if you used a website. Hope that helps!
I believe.....that what you are doing Renee is ok. (that's what I did) and I believe that Mr. Parker would be fine with that because he doen't really want a specific format. :)
I happened upon this website: http://www.contemplator.com/america/ It has lots of music from the 17th- early 19th centuries in America. It may help with your documentaries.
To make my life easier I made a playlist of all the songs on the blog via youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFI2eDcwcyQ&list=PLT4h3HhmD-DLg2uTrjNZlon5brDlhw-Fl
ReplyDeletethank you SO much Sarah!
DeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
DeleteThanks! Great idea!
DeleteWow! This is awesome!
Deletewow this is really cool thnx
DeleteThanks Sarah! The list helps immensely!
DeleteMr. Parker,
ReplyDeleteThis isn't about the song. I was wondering how we are to do the in-text citations for the book report. I was thinking that, after a quote, I could put a number which would match up with one of my footnotes. May I do it that way, or is there another way I should format my in-text citations?
Thank you,
Renée
I think we are doing footnotes, not in text citations.
DeleteIf we are not doing in-text citations, how are we to know which quote goes with which footnote?
DeleteHi Renée, here is a link that helped immensely with the footnotes http://content.easybib.com/citation-guides/chicago-turabian/footnotes/
DeleteThe purpose of footnotes is basically the same as in text citations, however, in the footnotes format you put a number where you would typically put the page number and source etc. then in the bottom footnote of the page you put the source, page number, or link if you used a website. Hope that helps!
I believe.....that what you are doing Renee is ok. (that's what I did) and I believe that Mr. Parker would be fine with that because he doen't really want a specific format. :)
ReplyDeleteThanks Caitlyn and Michael! Your comments were helpful!
ReplyDeleteI happened upon this website: http://www.contemplator.com/america/ It has lots of music from the 17th- early 19th centuries in America. It may help with your documentaries.
ReplyDelete